Friday, March 20

Maui Luau Salmon with a Macadamia Coconut Crust



 I am not really a "fish" person. I'll eat it but its not something I 'll order out, even at a seafood restaurant I'll stay with shrimp, oysters, scallops. That is...unless they serve salmon. Next to salad this particular dish is one I really could eat everyday and never grow tired of. 

It's a cross between two recipes off a seafood recipe site that I just couldn't decide between. So instead of confusing myself more, I infused the two my way. Results were INCREDIBLE! Even the kids approved which surprised me because of the hidden heat.  

If you love Salmon try it. If you love spicy, try it. If you aren't a fish person, try it..and you can thank me later. It has a great kick with the sweet chili peppers yet, not overwhelming then the sweetness of the pineapple and nut crust crunch...trust me...perfection! 

4 ( 6-8 oz) Salmon filet's, skinned
1/2 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 cup Coconut flakes
1/2 cup panko crumbs
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning


Cut salmon into desired sized pieces. If you can buy skinned, do. If not, good luck..LOL..no just kidding. Using a very sharp knife gently cut close to the skin careful not to tear the fish. Here is a great video on how. How to skin a salmon 

Lightly grease a baking dish with olive oil. Lay salmon down side by side, do not overlap. Salt and pepper to taste. 

In a bowl, mix sweet chili sauce, pineapple and Cajun seasoning. 



Spoon sweet chili mixture on to each piece of salmon.


In a clean bowl, thoroughly combine nuts, coconut, sugar, panko crumbs and butter. 
Spread mixture on top if fish.


Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. 
ENJOY!


7 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

This sounds fantastic! Your photo is gorgeous! I love the combination of flavors you chose!! Come enter my giveaway if you get a minute:) Now Im craving salmon.

Anonymous said...

We here love salmon and this is a fabulous preparation! I love the sweet chili and then the macadamia nuts and coconut - wow, such brilliant flavors! I need to make this right away, seriously! I just put these ingredients on my shopping list for tomorrow!

Amy said...

I am not a big fish person either. It looks good though.

Chef E said...

'Sea' I am the opposite, being silly with words too, but hubby loves salmon, but I would eat this recipe...Looks good with the rice and vegetables!

Reeni said...

These are wonderful flavors to put together! I love it! It's a wonderful way to welcome in Spring!

Donna-FFW said...

I left you some awards at my newest blog post, please come pick them up:)

Kiezie said...

This looks delicious!! We eat salmon a lot and I am posting another FFSA recipe tomorrow!! Great post!

Post a Comment