Tuesday, March 17

Simplicity at its BEST #2... Blackberry Cobbler


Cobbler...can you get any simpler? Humble, delicious, cheap, and easy! Seriously good eats. 

Blackberry Cobbler

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup flour
2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups milk
1 egg
2 cups blackberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Whisk milk and egg together and let sit until room temperature. 

Preheat oven to 350 degree. 

Poor melted butter into a 9x13 baking dish.

Mix flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk and egg mixture, until the batter is smooth and creamy. Pour into baking dish. 


In separate bowl combine blackberries, remaining 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spread over batter in baking dish but DO NOT STIR. Batter will come to the top. 

Bake for 35-45 minutes or until deliciously golden brown and bubbly. 





12 comments:

Reeni said...

What a gorgeous color dessert! And delicious!

Amy said...

That looks so good.

Bunny said...

Oh it looks so nice and brown on top and the berries just pop with wonderful color! I love baking with berries!

Anonymous said...

I love blackberry cobbler! It looks gorgeous!

Donna-FFW said...

OMG! This is sooo calling my name. It looks absolutely spectacular!

Debbie said...

Now THAT looks good to me! A little whip cream or ice cream on top and I will be ready to dig in!

Susie said...

Oh Yum!!!!

Karen Brown Letarte said...

You are not kidding, there's almost nothing better than blackberry cobbler! WF has them on special! I know what I'm fixing for dessert tomorrow!! I've never made cobbler like this-- my batter is usually more like a dough. Can't wait to try this! And we have some Ben & Jerry's Vanilla in the freezer, too! There are going to be 2 happy guys at my house tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! :D

Anonymous said...

I love cobblers, they are so comforting.

Angie said...

This picture is just so not right... looks delicious. I am soooo making this when my in-laws come for a visit!!

Gloria Chadwick said...

I love all kinds of cobblers, but my favorite is peach. Your cobbler is beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

Yummmmmmy! I love blackberries and cobbler. I will be making this soon. Thanks for the recipe.

Post a Comment