Saturday, February 7

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

I got this recipe out of Bon Appetit years ago....they are wonderfully chewy on the inside with a slight crisp on the outside...not overly sweet yet, perfect for that hounding sweet tooth. 

3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter - softened
1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted salted macadamia nuts


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
Beat the butter until fluffy, add the both the white and brown sugar.  Mix until well blended.   Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time.  Mix until smooth.
Mix in the  dry ingredients and beat just until blended.
Carefully mix in the nuts and chips. and nuts.
For large cookies, drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 21/2 inches apart. For small cookies, drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto sheets, spacing 11/2 inches apart.
Bake cookies until just golden, about 18 minutes for large cookies and about 15 minutes for small cookies. Cool on sheets.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Reeni said...

I want to reach into the screen and score a few of those!! Sweet yumminess!

Gloria Chadwick said...

I love macadamia nuts (I first ate them in Hawaii) and your cookies look wonderful. :)

Anonymous said...

The white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my favorite! Delicious!

Anonymous said...

I ADORE White chocolate, and the addition of the macademia nuts is heaven on a plate! Thanks for the recipe...

Bunny said...

These look wonderful, your making my belly growl!

Gail said...

I have got to try your Macadamia nut cookies, my sister in law loves them and so do I.

Post a Comment