Thursday, February 12

Stuffed Pork Chops with Rosemary-Grape Stuffing

This is another meal that my meat and potato man drools over. Seriously, if you want to use your skills in the kitchen to win a hotties heart this Valentines day, make this. Serve with a side of wild rice and roasted asparagus and you'll be sure to score some bling...or at least some serious couch cuddles

Stuff chops with Rosemary-Grape Stuffing 
Serves 4

2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 leeks, white part only, rinsed and chopped
1 cup seedless red grapes, rinsed, and halved
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, divided
1 1/2 cups unseasoned bread cubes or day old bread
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 bone in pork chops 1-1 1/2 inch thick 
1 1/2 cups Japanese style bread crumbs (panko crumbs)
1 stick butter


Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees 

Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute leeks for 3 minutes, then add in grapes and saute another minute. Add in 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat grapes/leeks mixture. Move mixture to a large bowl and add bread cubes and broth. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

Slice pocket into chops using a non serrated knife. Slicing horizontally into the side of the chop just to the bone. Season the chops with house seasoning and stuff with grape mixture, allowing to overflow. 

Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet brown each chop on both sides and set aside. 

In a small bowl combine panko crumbs, melted butter, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary. Spread crumb mixture on top of each chop and transfer to baking dish. Finishing cooking chops for 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Enjoy.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is definitely a drool-worthy meal :) I love the idea of rosemary-grape stuffing - excellent!

Chef E said...

These look really great...I can almost smell and taste them...as 5 Star says 'drool-worthy'...

Jennifer said...

This looks nice and makes me want to whip out my stuffed chop recipe and make such changes.

Anonymous said...

I just bought some thick cut pork chops because there was a great sale. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, until now!

Great recipe!

Reeni said...

What a delicious, hearty meal, I'm ready for some cuddling now!! YUM!

Gloria Chadwick said...

Your pork chops look awesome! I've had grapes in a chicken salad, but haven't tried them with pork. That's going to change in the very near future! :) I've bookmarked your recipe and have added it to my ever-growing list of delicious recipes to make.

MaricrisG said...

Looks real yummy! Can you come over and cook for me? LOL!

Rico said...

wei hei...I call this really wholesome and delicious food, I just love the idea of pork and fruit..of all kinds, just the great combos...and this one seems to be one of them.Thx for sharing these with us all bloggers...loved it. xxx

CynthiaK said...

That looks simply delish!! Wow!!

Thanks for stopping by Crumbs, too!

Anonymous said...

They look yummy!!

Julia said...

I guess it does not matter when I come by your site...It always makes me hungry. Can you move in for a week and cook for me? Thanks. J

Cathy said...

Its been awhile since I've cooked pork chops. This recipe sounds delicious and is one I definitely want to try.

Donna-FFW said...

This looks delicious. How very unique with the grape stuffing. I bet it pairs well with rosemary. YUM!

Post a Comment