Saturday, February 28

Honest Scrap Award


Good ole Reenie from  Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice was so sweet to pass this award to me. Made my day after dealing with three sick kiddos. The requirements state I have to list 10 things about myself then pass the award on. I just hope I don't bore you all to tears.

Here goes nothing.

1) My favorite all time food to eat is brandied peaches. There was a lady who was friends with my grandfather...stereotypical southern lady. Just like Ouiser Bordreaux from Steel Magnolias....she used to make them for him...and would sneak me one every now and then as a kid....she's past now, and I've never been able to come close to hers....but I can still taste them when I think about it...they were just pure heaven.

2) I have a love for nature, gardening, flowers, trees, everything...BUT....I have the worlds worst black thumb and can't grow anything.
 
3) I'm a history lover. Enjoy researching the past. Its trilling to me. I become absorbed in books about cultures, monarchs, revolutions...my favorite periods would have to be 15th century Ottoman Empire and of course English and French monarchy...Tutors and the House of Bourbon.

4) I love the feeling you get making your family happy and content.....whether it be laughing together with a good meal, soothing away nightmares, or pretending to see fairies behind a leaf and watching your daughters eyes light up in our make believe world....those little moments....when you just watch them...watch the happiness sparkle down to their toes and knowing you brought that.....its amazing to know you can do that to people...and they can make you feel the same with just a smile or touch.
 
5) I love my husband....LOL...funny but hey, its a fact....he is my soul mate...my heart. He is the tall quiet type...my polar opposite but we fit perfectly, like a pair of old jeans you just can't seem to grow tired of. I love the way we are together...our silent jokes, the way he doesn't see the post baby pudge and the start of crows feet...but makes me feel like a Victoria Secret Model, even in my old sweat pants and no make up. I love the way he brings me peach tea because he thinks I might be thirsty...or sneaks up behind me when I'm cooking just to snuggle my neck....it makes me not grumble so when he throws his clothes on the floor and not in the hamper and his addiction to the SPEED channel. 

6) I live in an EXTREMELY small town in North Carolina. Population under 600. Even for me that is to many people. My dream would be to have a small farm...full of chickens, roosters, goats, and cows. No neighbors for miles. 

7) When I was 2 I got attacked by a swarm of yellow jackets. (I'm fishing here, can yawl tell?)

8) I'm diabetic, diagnosed at a young age. 

"And you cook like that?" you say...yes...I do. We don't eat like this each night. I portion control and only taste my baking. I do that mainly for my husband a children. I'm also addicted to salads. I eat at least two a day and sub with Splenda for myself.

9) We have a very busy LARGE and sometimes exhausting household. My husband and myself, our three children. One with mild CP, one with PDD/NOS among other issues, and one wild toddler. I take care of my disabled mother, three cranky cats and a puppy. Its a lot of work..but I do really embrace the ups and downs. Life is never boring.

10) I have many goals for myself this year. One is to start my first vegetable garden, teach myself to knit and crochet, living more frugally and be more green. So far I'm off to a pretty good start.

:::SWOOSH::: I'm done....hey...wake up! It wasn't that bad. 

Now I have the pleasure to pass this award to others. Forgive me if you have already received this award (or secretly hate them). So many here in the blog world have inspired me...food, advice, parenting....you ladies rock. LOVE YA!






 
 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO at the black thumb, you sound like my MOM!!! Awww, your hubs is an old pair of jeans, hehe, so sweet :) Great 10 facts. Thanks for the acknowledgement, I will pass it on!!

Bunny said...

I really enjoyed learning alittle more about you, nice post!

Anonymous said...

Great to find out more about you. I am a huge history lover too!

Chef E said...

Sounds like we have a lot in common...you should try brandied apricots! I made them last summer, and what a yummy summer it was, lol!

I like these pass it on, and have done this one a while ago! I have a TMI blog, so that way I keep my food and personal 'scrap' separate, lol

I also love history, sort of a geek about it and food if you cannot tell :)

Kendra said...

I've been thinking about doing more than one blog. I have them set up, but that is as far as it goes. Family says I should keep it all in one, but that messes with my FB post. LOL I might follow your lead.

Reeni said...

Thanks for sharing so much about yourself. Your a 'wonder woman' in my eyes, you have so much on your plate! I love history too!

the wild raspberry said...

this was a great list....i am needing to reply to that award too from a friend---it's hard to come up with 10 interesting items...hmmm. hope to have it done by Tuesday.
have a good week.
chasity

Anonymous said...

You have so much going on! It was so great to learn more about you.

I'm so honored that you included me..I'll try to pass it on!

;) amy

Susie said...

Congratulations on your award! That's a great getting-to-know-you one:-)

Cathy said...

It is so nice to learn a little bit more about you. You, indeed, have a very busy life and a wonderful blog to boot.

Gloria Chadwick said...

It's nice to get to know you better. My mom and both my brothers had diabetes, and taking care of yourself and feeding your family is a full-time job in itself. :)

Sock Monkey said...

Waving hi!

Howdy! Dropping by fromm sits. Meet Sock Monkey. He is looking forward to meeting new people.

Sock Monkey
CampSockMonkey

Anonymous said...

Thanks for passing this my way Kendra!

The Blonde Duck said...

I stepped on a yellow jacket once. Nasty little things!

Post a Comment