Saturday, February 28

Interviewing the Crumb Snatchers


I saw this cute kid's interview at Our Simple Life and had to play along. I interviewed both both Hannah and Ryan. But of course Ryan's dance contest with his favorite pals Tuggie and Uncle Rodgie took precedence over talking with momma, I had to wait until it was finished. BTW, Tuggie and Uncle Rodgie are his stuffed dog and Pooh Bear.

Hannah is 6 going on 19.  Ryan is 5, but has PDD/NOS and a mile long list of delays, so if his answers are a little off. 


1. What is something your mom always says to you?

Hannah- "Broken Bones or Bleeding" (This took me a minute to understand what she was saying. Then it dawned on me that I do say something like this..at a least three times a day. When she and Ryan fight I try not to play referee. Heck if I did, I could get nothing else accomplished. So I tell them I don't want to hear any tattling or fussing unless someone has a broken bone or is bleeding. I guess that throws me out of the running for mother of the year, huh?)

Ryan- "Listen to them"

2.What makes your mom happy?

Hannah- "For us to get along" (LOL, yeah, with Hannah and Ryan only being 14 month apart...one minute they are best friends, then the next they have contracts out on each other...any mother knows how annoying that is)

Ryan- "Make them a treat, like I'm doing now"

3. What makes your mom sad?

Hannah- "When you don't get anything for your birthday" (Guess my husband is out for Husband of the year. Nah, she is forgetting my new apron.)

Ryan- "Make..hurt you" (we have bad days)

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

Hannah - "Just wait...I'll show you" She got the bunny teeth. Little teeth that forgot to be put back into the Cooties game...I was just being silly one day...

Ryan- "Play the banjo" (Tickle game, hold their arms and play the banjo by tickling their underarms to silly tunes like Oh Suzanna LOL)

5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child?

Hannah - "Play with her farm set." (I think she is talking about the Little People set I was talking about this morning)

Ryan- "Play"

6. How old is your mom?

Hannah - "Uhhhh 30!" (No, I'm staying 29 forever!!!)

Ryan- "6"

7. How tall is your mom?

Hannah - "51." (HUH?)

Ryan- "This big" (About 5 inches)

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

Hannah - "Knit" (Yeah, this week)

Ryan-"Uhhh, put up my heart" (Huh?)

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

Hannah - "Clean the house" (Yeah, pretty much..until they get older then child labor will be mandatory...it's why I had them...totally kidding...well just a little LOL)

Ryan- "Make me a treat"

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Hannah- "baking" (Look out Betty Crocker)

Ryan- "me" (This makes me a little nervous LOL)

11. What is your mom really good at?

Hannah - "What are you really good at?" (Thanks for the ego boost baby girl)

Ryan-"I'm hungry"

12. What is your mom not very good at?

Hannah - "Needlepoint" (Um, yeah...I bought her a childs needlepoint kit the other day...for ages 6 and up. I must be 4 because I couldn't do it...)

Ryan-"being sad"

13. What does your mom do for her job?

Hannah - "You don't have a job" (If she only knew LOL.)

Ryan-"clean up my room" (No sir! LOL)

14. What is your mom's favorite food?

Hannah - "Shrimp" (Bingo!)

Ryan-"Roast beef"

15. What makes you proud of your mom?

Hannah - "You're going to make me a Butterfly cloth" (knitting pattern)

Ryan-"I give you a hug"

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

Hannah - "Mrs Spider from Sunny Patch"  (Works for me.)

Ryan-"A teenager" (I wish I had the boobs I did back then...they do make good knee warmers now)

17. What do you and your mom do together?

Hannah - "Have fun."

Ryan-"play and make cakes"

18. How are you and your mom the same?

Hannah - "We act the same."

Ryan-"Your pants have snowflakes on it"

19. How are you and your mom different?

Hannah - "We don't wear the same clothes"

Ryan- "We are different sizes"

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

Hannah - "Because no matter what I do she loves me...she is part of my family" (AWWW)

Ryan-"Because I love her back"

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?

Hannah - "He is fun to cuddle up with"

Ryan-"Because he is silly"

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Hannah - "Grocery Store and Hobby Lobby" (I sound exciting don't I)

Ryan-"The beach and the market"

7 comments:

Kayla said...

Ahh that is adorable!! I will have to steal your questions and try this with Alexis, I am curious to see the answers.. The kids are to cute Hannah has you down to a tee!! lol =)

Reeni said...

How sweet and cute and funny! I have an award for you, come and get it!

Anonymous said...

This still has me laughing non stop! I am about to pee my pants. 10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Ryan- "me" (This makes me a little nervous LOL)


I love their answers!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I've got to do this interview with my daughter too!

Missew said...

This is so cute! I am sooo copying you. The other day Julian said I was 11, I wonder if I have aged yet lol

Donna-FFW said...

How precious are these answers. Ill have to try it on my own children. So cute. Thanks for the smile.

Karen Brown Letarte said...

Kendra, this is so funny! How smart of you not only to do this, but to record it for "posterity." Your kids are adorable. :) Karen

Post a Comment