Saturday, December 20

Mom's Favorite Cookie


This weekend I decided to do some favorites of my parents. My mom absolutely loves cookies, but these melt her heart. In her words, they are perfect blend of sugary shortbread and an earthy nutty flavor. I wish I had known the secret in my teen years...I could have swindled so much. LOL

1 1/2 cups sugar (+plus for rolling dough)
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
 
Cream together sugar and butter in mixing bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Stir together remaining ingredients, then chill for an hour. Then form into walnut size balls and roll into sugar and cover completely. Place on well greased cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden. Let cool on wire rack.

1 comments:

Pippin Party said...

Ohhh, this sounds sooo good!

Post a Comment