Tuesday, April 21

Suck It In Girl

That is what my husband had the audacity to say to me this morning while getting dressed. My diet of Starbucks, Fig Newtons, and Combos is taking its toll on my bum. I need to chill. Now that things have calmed down for now, hopefully I can start eating at home more and start back blogging. I missed it. Blogger detox is not easy I tell ya. 

My poor POOR deprived crumb snatchers have been tortured with the all fatty all nasty lunchable and peanut butter diet. They love it. Its easy and something my husband can even remember to do. You know, easier than a can...you just pull the plastic back or unscrew a lid. I tried to make it as simple as possible while I've been back and forth to the hospital. 

You all can read more about my mother at my other blog Screams From My Front Porch. It really doesn't look good but we are just keeping our chins up and trying to stay positive. 

 Thank you to everyone who commented and sent emails. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. 

So you know me...SOOOO long winded. The gist is...I'm back. Miss me? I sure missed all my foodie friends...good food, great recipes, and mouth watering pictures.

10 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I missed ya Kendra..now come over and enter my giveaway, will ya!

Amy said...

I did miss you. Great to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kendra. I missed your other post as I was away. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will be thinking about you and your family. How are you holding up? Hugs, Natasha

Bunny said...

I'm glad your back and will certainly keep your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking this morning about you, I have missed you definitely!

I have your mother in my thoughts.

;) amy

Coleens Recipes said...

Your husband told you to suck it in? I'm afraid if he were MY husband he would be in the dog house at best (we've been married for 38 years). Welcome back.

Missew said...

I haven't missed you at all! Seriously, I think we talk more now than ever. Okay, I know we do LOL Westsiiide!

Ginger said...

Kendra does your husband know my husband!!!??? Maybe they got together and decided they had the nerve to tell us that?? Happy that you are back..... AND here is to our husbands that have no unexpressed thoughts!!!!

Chef E said...

I must confess I was weak and stopped at the only freaking convenient store for miles on the way home from open mic and charged two bags of combos...oh and a cheese danish- this desperate gluten-free eating dieting chef e; although some are still left hiding in the basket near the sofa in case of emergency fix...

Mine learned a few years ago not to say anything about why I am not wearing the clothes I bought before I gained weight then...I leave duck tape out on the coffee table as a reminder!

the wild raspberry said...

Hope you are coming back with some great new recipes!
Chasity

Post a Comment