Wednesday, February 25

Don't you dare laugh!



Stop...stop it now...I worked hard on these. Yes, there are holes, yes they are ugly and yes...the one on the right is large enough to wash a hippo. 

I'm in the process of teaching myself to knit again. I tried before with no success. Some of you are familiar with the giant baby booties. For those that aren't...lets just say they would be to big for the Jolly Green Giant. This time I have the stitches down, just need to practice. Okay, I need a LOT of practice. These are just a few cloths I practiced following patterns with. The red one has a rooster on it. The blue is a Snoopy wash cloth for my son Ryan. He adores anything "snewfy" as he calls it. He loved it so much, even with all its imperfections, and it took about 20 minutes of compromising with him this morning getting him to NOT take it to school. 

I want to thank Stephanie over at A Close Knit Family for helping me get back on the horse. And for letting me annoy her beyond reason with late night IMs and begging for example videos. I promise I'll keep at it and will make you proud...one day. LOL

For now, I'll keep knitting wash and dish cloths...

I still hear snickering people. You know you want one of my fancy smancy knitted Snewfy wash cloths. 

17 comments:

Reeni said...

I do!! I want my very own snewfy!! Their special cause you made them with love, like your food!

Kayla said...

I remember the booties =) Snoopy looks so cute knitted in there!!! I wouldnt be able to make a square! Great job Kendra!!

Nicole P said...

Good job Kendra :) Keep going at it and you will be a pro soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I've knitted a vest once when I was younger and know how hard it is. My mom, she is a pro, she just made a gorgeous sweater for my daughter, I don't know how she does it.

Gloria Chadwick said...

What imperfections? What holes? What missed stitches? They're beautiful! :) I used to crochet about ten years ago (I made afghans, sweaters, shawls, hats, scarves, mittens, ponchos, even a stuffed dog) and one day I thought it would be fun to crochet something and I'd completely forgotten how to do the most basic chain stitch, so I have to relearn everything, too.

Donna-FFW said...

Oh they are beautiful. Id love my own. I admire your talent, I can not even sew. For shame!

Chef E said...

My great grandmother tried to teach me, but I do better at cross stitch and oh, those clear plastic things with holes and you run yarn in and out with a giant needle, not rugs, but I have made so many things...we cooks are artsy fartsy aren't we :)

I love these, they are so adorable! I will take three pot holders please when you are ready!

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Kiezie said...

These are too cute!! Thank you for sharing and I love the new blog look!! It's great!!

Anonymous said...

Well, God love ya because trying to teach yourself how to knit is not easy, I know, I tried. My mom has recently gotten quite good but she has a master knitter living across the street that helps her. Thanks for sharing your knitting and your sense of humor! I just found your blog today on Facebook and quickly became a follower!

Missew said...

You did a great job! No snickering here, I can't knit to save my life!

Angie said...

I think they look good... thought they were pot holders :) I couldn't even tell ya how to hold the needles or whatever the hell they are, to begin knitting, so to me, I think these great. I can see Snoopy and the rooster :)

Jodi said...

I am requesting a Snewfy! =) I love Snoopy, and I think you did a great job!!!!

Kendra said...

You all are WAY to kind to me. Snewfy's for everyone!

Susie said...

I wouldn't think about laughing. I am in awe of people who can sew because I can not.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments. I hope to see you back there soon:-)

Shell said...

I didn't laugh, well a slight snicker, but been there done that! I think they look like those magic eye posters or the thing with JESUS spelled out, but you can see it at first, but then you see it for ever. Congrats to you for being self taught!

Anonymous said...

Oh I definitely want one!

The most I've ever been able to knit is a scarf...and it still sits unfinished at the bottom of my closet!

;) amy

Post a Comment