Old habits do die hard though. I sat there cozy in my bed, wanting, and NEEDING to sleep. I worried, "is it enough?", "who did we forget", and of course I am a natural giver. I admit its a bit selfish in a backwards way, but the best gift I can receive is watching excitement when people open the "perfect" gift(s) I painstakingly searched high and low for. But in lou of above mentioned life changes, the pressure to find everyone that perfect present...is off. Yet, the mind wonders.
If I were Santa Claus and could pick any gift or wish out of my sack, I'd give.....
- ...to my parents and those alike---affordable health care, paired with free prescriptions. May you have freedom from aches and pains.
- ...to my husband---a raise, better hours, and get out of jail (doghouse) free cards.
- ...to my friends---time to read a good book and have a long soak, ALONE.
- ...to my daughter---fulfillment of all your hopes and dreams, freedom from want or need, and of course full scholarship to the college of your choice :)
- ...to my sons---see list above and of course may you find someone as wonderful as your mother to wed and that I'll like her :)
- ...Holly (my super fab pooch)---a pair of pumps made purely of peanut butter and bacon
- ...to my loopies---google ground breaking hits, breathtaking photographs, one of a kind cakes, closer walks with God, sold gold knitting needles, skyrocketing sales, and the knowledge that they're making a difference in this world.
- ...For those that steal newspapers---a job delivering the Sunday paper without pay
- ...for all the homeless and mistreated dogs and cats---caring owners who will love and cherish them, and who recognize the responsibility of spaying and neutering.
- ...For Oprah---never mind..she can buy whatever she wants
- ...OPEC---a long wait in a line to purchase something they need yet cannot afford
I'm sure tonight will be another one of those nights. I'm sure to add to my list.